Friday, February 29, 2008
Partners Include CCNY and CUNY
For Advertising Agencies, their clients, In-house Marketing Departments, Marketing Distribution Channels and Public Relations firms, Diversity in Advertising/PR Career Day (DiACD) will be the best place in New York to Showcase their company's commitment to diversity; Meet the indistry's top diversity talent; and Learn how to transfer employee diversity into increased profits.
To register and learn more about speakers, participating companies and career fair details,
Free to students and job seekers (but you must pre-register)
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Hilton New York - 51st Street & Avenue of the Americas (6th)
BENEFITS TO CCNY STUDENTS
> Attend seminars
> Practice interview techniques
> Obtain internships and entry-level jobs
> Network with more than 50 leading communications agencies
Partners include: CCNY, CUNY-Baruch Business School, New York City College of Technology and the Public Relations Society of America, among others.
$5,000 for 2008-09 Academic Year
Deadline: Monday, March 17
The City College Department of Media and Communication Arts is pleased to invite students in the Advertising/PR specialization to apply for the Art Stevens CCNY/ PRSA-NY Public Relations Scholarship. The scholarship is a gift from Art Stevens, APR, Fellow, PRSA, an esteemed
The $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually in the Spring to one MCA Ad/ PR major at The City College of New York who meets the following criteria:
- Declared major in Advertising/PR specialization with Junior or first semester Senior status in Fall 2008.
- Demonstrated overall academic competence of 3.0 current GPA or higher with a strong academic record in the major.
- Completion or at least MCA 209, Intro to PR, by Fall 2007.
- Evidence of serious intent to pursue a career in public relations, authenticated by a letter from faculty.
- Statement of no more than 250 words by the candidate about his/her interest in the PR profession. Information on relevant actives and PRSSA involvement is a plus.
- Letter of support from one faculty member
- Academic Transcript
Please see Professor Lynn Appelbaum with questions. Office S 472, Phone: