Cohn & Wolfe, a wholly owned division of Young & Rubicam and WPP Group, PLC, is an international public relations firm specializing in the Consumer, Healthcare, Corporate and Technology practices. The Company is consistently ranked among the top 20 public relations agencies and has won numerous awards for creativity and program excellence.
Cohn & Wolfe is one of the largest public relations firms in the
We are currently looking for highly creative, motivational candidates who can think outside the box. We have openings for paid-part-time internships across all practices for the fall and spring semesters. If you enjoy an entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment, we'd be interested in speaking with you.
Interns will be able to …
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements
- Create and maintains media lists
- Conduct media audits and analysis when needed
- Handle select media inquiries
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the client’s business
- Gather and monitor editorial calendars for opportunities for clients
- Handle basic research of client’s business and industry to help the agency maintain a current knowledge base
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc…) to convey the Client’s message
- Work under the guidance of a supervisor and may coordinate specific events and promotions for the client
- Represent client(s) at events or trade shows
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
- Assist with new business developments when applicable
- Develop/maintain vendor relationships
- Put together clip reports
Interns should …
- Have a concentration in communications, public relations, media studies, journalism or something relevant to the field
- Be proactive, creative, intelligent, and persistent self starters.
- Not have “phone fear”
- Be hard working, have tenacity, enthusiasm, and honesty.