Put Your Own Issue Advertisement on TV for Free
ClickToBroadcast.tv, a new website planned for launch in early September, offers student producers the opportunity get their homemade commercials on national television. Our goal is to increase citizen participation in the political process and to get your voices heard.
How it works:
- Clicktobroadcast.tv hosts homemade 30-second political “issue advertisements” on our site;
- Visitors vote for the ones they want to see on television;
- We buy time on television for the most popular videos;
- Not only is this a great way for “little guys to get their opinions heard, but also a great opportunity for student video producers to have their work noticed by potential employers and the public at large;
- It’s also a great way to build your “reel”.
Help Tell the World About clicktobroadcast.tv
Clicktobroadcast.tv is looking for a producer to create a 30 second spot describing the site. This video should explain in 30 seconds or less what the website does and why people should contribute videos.
All submissions will be reviewed by our board of advisors and a winner selected. The winning video will be the first thing visitors to the site see.
You will be credited as the producer of the video and will receive a $500 Best Buy gift certificate.
Submit Video to Win a Prize
- First on the Site - $100 for each video chosen to be on the site at launch;
- Submit a video on one of the topics listed below for review by clicktobroadcast.tv judges and users;
- Videos will be judged on originality, production quality and creativity;
- First on Air - $1,000 for the first video chosen by our visitors to be broadcast on television;
- Clicktobroadcast.tv will pace the video that receives the most net positive clicks on television. The producer of this video will receive $1,000 and can feature his “reel” and resume on our site;
- Experts’ Choice – Canon VIXIA HG10 Camera worth over $800 will be awarded to the producer of the best video as voted by our experts.
Sample Video Topics
Other Topics Welcomed
- Civic Participation
- The Environment
- Families and Neighbors
- Global Warming
- Government Reform
- Social Security
- Social Trends
- All videos must be 30 seconds in length;
- Videos must not advocate for or against any individual candidate or ballot initiative at the state, local or national level;
- It cannot use the words “vote for,” “vote against,” “elect” or “defeat” in regard to any ballot measure, referendum or candidate for state or federal office;
- All material must be original to the producer submitting the video.
The producer is legally responsible for the accuracy of any statistics or claims made in the video. For videos selected to be on television, clicktobroadcast.tv will require access to all original files in order to prepare a broadcast quality version of the video.
Videos must be received by August 27, 2008.