Ketchum’s New York office is now accepting applications for our 10 week 2009 Summer Fellowship Program. This is a paid fellowship, now open to current juniors and seniors. This program starts on June 1, 2009 and ends on August 7, 2009. Students must be available for the entire 10 weeks to be considered.
Ketchum Summer Fellows work hand in hand with practices to learn the business, serve clients, and develop PR skills. They will assist with project research, writing and media relations efforts to support client programs.
Fellowships will also be available in our specialty areas which include Creative, Interactive, New Media and Research groups. Those seniors who demonstrate our core competencies and Ketchum values at the end of the program will have the opportunity to interview for a full-time position as an Account Associate.
Duties vary between account teams but general responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain media lists
• Event coordination
• Monitor and track media and write media updates
• Prepare pitch letters and pitch media
• Assist in the development of press materials including fact sheets and backgrounders
• Attend client and team meetings as well as internal meetings and agency events
• Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations
• Participate in brainstorms
The summer will end with a final project presentation based on a client need. Fellows will work in teams and present to the New York office. All applications need to come through the website, www.ketchum.com, as there will be specific questions to obtain writing samples from the applicants.
Deadline: Saturday, February 28, 2009
For more info: Visit www.ketchum.com.