THE FOUNDATION OF WEPR
PHYLLIS BERLOWE SCHOLARSHIP
FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS STUDENTS
APPLY FOR A $4,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE
2009/010 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Phyllis-Berlowe Scholarship was created by The Foundation of Women Executives in Public Relations (The Foundation of WEPR) in 2006 to honor one of the New York’s outstanding leaders in public relations, Phyllis Berlowe. Ms. Berlowe is remembered for her boundless energy as an advocate for the profession, for her esteemed leadership, and as a stellar practitioner.
The $4,000 scholarship is available to students in Ad/PR majors at The City College of New York, who demonstrate an outstanding academic record of achievement and financial need. Students must be either juniors or seniors in the Advertising/PR major in the 2009-10 academic year. Men and women are invited to apply.
Students are encouraged to apply only if they meet the following criteria:
• Full-time resident of Greater New York
• Have either junior or senior status in 2009-10
• Demonstrated academic excellence (3.4 or higher current GPA with a strong academic record in the major).
• Completion of at least MCA 209 and 362 OR MCA 350 by Fall 2008
• Evidence of serious intent to pursue a career in public relations, authenticated by faculty. This should include a statement by the candidate about his/her interest in the profession, and letter of support from the faculty. Information on relevant extracurricular activities and internships will be especially useful.
• Evidence of financial need for the scholarship.
Eligible students should submit 1) a 250-word essay on their interest in public relations as a career and statement of need. Students may discuss any aspect of their education, professional experience, or career aspirations, 2) Academic transcript 3) Resume, 4) Letter of support by faculty member.
Please submit your statement, transcript and a resume to Professor Lynn Appelbaum, Shepard 472, by Monday, March 2, 2009. Cash awards will be made Spring 2009 to be applied to Fall 2009 tuition. INCLUDE COVER PAGE WITH NAME, PHONE, EMAIL AND NAME OF AWARD FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.
Please see Professor Lynn Appelbaum with questions. Office S 472, Phone: (212) 650-6561, e-mail: email@example.com.