THE ART STEVENS PRSA-NY/CCNY
PUBLIC RELATIONS SCHOLARSHIP
APPLY FOR A $5,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE
2009-10 ACADEMIC YEAR
The City College Department of Media and Communication Arts is pleased to invite students in the Advertising/PR specialization to apply for the Art Stevens
PRSA-NY/CCNY Public Relations Scholarship. The scholarship is a gift from Art Stevens, APR, Fellow, PRSA, an esteemed City College alumnus, and distinguished leader in the public relations profession and in PRSA-NY. The Scholarship is administered by the City College Fund.
The $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually in the Spring to one for MCA/Ad/ PR major at The City College of New York who meet the following criteria.
• Declared major in Advertising/PR specialization with Junior or first semester Senior status in Fall 2009.
• Demonstrated overall academic competence of 3.0 current GPA or higher with a strong academic record in the major.
• Completion of at least MCA 209, Introduction to PR, by the end of December 08.
• Evidence of serious intent to pursue a career in public relations, authenticated by faculty.
Applications should be submitted to Prof. Lynn Appelbaum, S 472A.
Deadline: Monday, March 2. Applications should include the following:
• Statement of no more than 250 words by the candidate about his/her interest in the PR profession. Information on relevant actives and PRSSA involvement is useful.
• Letter of support from one faculty member.
• Academic Transcript
• Cover Page with your name, phone, email and name of scholarship you are applying for.
Cash Awards will be made in Spring 2009 and will be applied to City College tuition.
Please see Professor Lynn Appelbaum with questions. Office S 472, Phone: (212) 650-6561, e-mail: email@example.com.