THE FOUNDATION OF WEPR
HELEN OSTROWSKI SCHOLARSHIP
FOR INTERNATIONAL PR STUDENTS
APPLY FOR A $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE
2009-10 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Foundation of WEPR is offering a $2,000 Helen Ostrowski Scholarship for International Students majoring in the Media and Communication Arts in the PR/Advertising Specialization at The City College of New York for the 2009-10 academic year. Men and women are welcome to apply.
Students are encouraged to apply if they meet the following criteria:
• Have international status
• Demonstrated academic competence (3.0 or higher current GPA).
• Have completed at least MCA 209 by Fall 2008 and must be either Juniors or Seniors in 2009-10.
• Show evidence of serious intent to pursue a career in public relations, authenticated by faculty.
Eligible students should apply with the following:
1) Cover Sheet with Name, email and phone, and name of scholarship
2) 250 word essay about their interest in PR as a career, Students may discuss
any aspect of their education, professional experience or career aspirations..
5) Letter of support by at least one faculty member.
Deadline: Monday, March 2, 2009
Cash awards will be made spring 2009 to be applied to Fall 2009 tuition.
Please e drop off application with Professor Lynn Appelbaum Office S 472, Phone: (212) 650-6561, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.